5.9.07

Today ...

... was a new low in my job. I think I will pay for it tomorrow, however, but today ... I just sat there for four and a half hours, did the mail (badly, no doubt) and then I left. Honestly, what the fuck am I doing there. A waste of my very large talents ...

Oh, by the way: http://uss.ytmnd.com/ ... ta, chicko! Sound on, by the way ...

I think we'll take a little commercial break and we'll just mention the band Skyclad. I recently played some of their old albums again and it was a refreshing experience. Musically, it's folk-metal, the first real folk-metal band, in my opinion. Lyrically, it's anger. It's true anger. Martin Walkyier is a gifted word-smith, really in a league all his own. The man has issues and he's not above sharing this with his audience in the hope of improving society at large. Seriously.

I'd strongly recommend anyone who is capable to do so to seek out some of his work. Not from the latest two albums since he was replaced by another vocalist and this one really sucks, basically, and the anger went away ... but anything before that is just exceptional.

In other news, I recently met, shortly, with Ilse Smit (at least ... I assume that's still her name). Now, she was a friend of mine when I was at school. I hadn't seen her in a long, long time and I have to say that it was fun seeing that at least one of the people I knew then is doing very much fine. She sounded very happy. Which made me happy. So, you know, life man, dig it, it was awesome.

Also: why is music never really put together with the arts? I always find it strange that people talk about art and music as if these things have nothing to do with each other ... maybe it's because art conjurs up the image of somethingsolid and touchable ...

And: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2007/09/03/48473.shtml

*grin* ... Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and The Girl In The Fireplace ... *grin*

"We just make some shit up!"

No comments: