16.5.09

I ...

... just figured something out: I like bonus stuff one gets with the CD's one buys.

Not a big shock to some people, maybe, but I like it just the same and I might as well be open about it since it will come out eventually.

So here it is again:

I LIKE THE BONUS STUFF ONE GETS WITH THE CD'S ONE BUYS.

Let me give you a couple of examples, just so we know what we are talking about.

Collission course, the CD of the mash-ups of Linkin Park and Jay-Z came with a free DVD with the concert on it. But it also showed bits and pieces of how the album actually was made. So you see artists being artists. And they are discussing notes and how stuff must be sung and it's utterly fascinating. Here's a part of the process of making something. It's a process of weeks and months while the end result might be listened to in under an hour and while all the effort that went into creating it might not even be noticeable on first glance. It's utterly brilliant. For the same reason I like the bonus DVD that came with the RoadRunner United CD. Four different songwriters and a whole host of musicians are just talking and showing how they make their decisions ... brilliant stuff.

Artists being artsy.

I need some primer.

No comments: