22.7.10

Hey ...

... long time no see!

There was stuff to be done at home and in all honesty I wasn't quite up to blatantly blogging from my new work environment. I got better. Or worse, depending on where you sit and read this. The house got better too, I think, and the baby's room is sort of ready barring some double glazing which I'm informed is being installed next friday ...

My girlfriend is not feeling great, which is a shame. It seems that pregnancy is becoming a bit of a burden (or a lot of a burden, depending on the moment you ask her) so that sort of sucks. Loads of suck, actually, because, you know ... we like her.

My kid did however bring me a belated father's day gift, excellent Bowmore limitid scotch via Springbank, which we love! Rare scotch for the win! Excellent taste. Wonder how he figured out I'd be happy with this from inside his 'room', without money, light, verbal abilities etc. etc. Well appreciated.

I do now, feel almost obliged to buy some cheaper, less rare scotch, you know, just for drinkin' in stead of remembering and thinking. Weird how that works.

Also: I think one of the people here in Leiden has tried to educate me in some biblical way, I think. I'm not sure. He mentioned an oil spill in China and he grabbed a bibble out of his desk drawer and showed me a passage about the lord being the one to reckon with devilers ... or some such, stating that he thought that humanity was ill-equipped to deal with the aforementioned devilers of the world. My thought was that a bullet to the head was quite reckoning enough. Try that and see how fast oil leaks get cleared up. I do feel preached at, and although I don't mind christians being here, I mind the excesses of christian culture and especially if they start building mosques ... wait, what ... religion. Ugh.

No comments: