27.2.08

So ...

... my old man is in the hospital. With his foot. Actually, both of them, he can't just leave one behind, but the PROBLEM, for which he's in the hospital is his foot. Specifically, it's rather large. Like, 'no pumps for you'large. Actually anything below a moon boot (remember moon boots?) is going to be an issue ... so they're cheerfully filling the old man up with antibiotics. He's a bit grumpy, though. He just doesn't want to be there but recognises the need for it. The whole 'not being able to walk'thing tipped him off, I guess. I sympathise. Hospitals suck ass. Really. Big ass. They do strange things to the human body in there ...

In other news: we're rapidly approaching the time of my departure from the DMB. What that means on a day-to-day basis is that people from my employer (http://www.maandag.nl) are calling me a lot with possibilities for redeployment. I like that stage. Gives off the impression that I'm a hot property.

Aside from being just HOT!

The two mutsen who are to replace me will do so admirably. It's a shame that one of them already stated that she doesn't like administrative tasks. Made me giggle. Especially now that it has become clear that the ladies are supposed to sit in on meetings and take notes. thank the lord I never have had to do so ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish your dad well. My father had trouble with swollen feet and ankles for over a year. He's sort of better now. No hospital for him though. Sport massage therapy helped him eventually.