7.2.08

Through ...

... circumstances beyond my control I am now trying to teach someone my job. And, to be honest, I think it might turn out that one month to do that in is a little too little time. The lady is nice enough (there's two, I still have to meet the other one) but it's just too bewildering to take in. Oh my. Well, it's not as if I didn't mention that this process is torturous at best when I went through it so if anybody listened they would have caught up on that.

Ha.

Anyway.

A little while to go and I'll be severely out of here. And if good fortune smiles on me Maandag will be slacking in reappointing me to another position so that I'll have a little vacation time in between 'shifts'.

One thing I will miss though ... the view from the window. There's nothing quite like seeing Amsterdam from the fifth floor of a building ... except maybe seeing it from the sixth. Or the seventh. Or the eighthth. Or ninth. Tenth, maybe. Eleventh ...

You catch my drift.

Is nice out. The sun is shining and the grass is green ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. I was on the 16th floor. Very nice view. But maybe the higher you are, the more tedious the work becomes. As if the view is the bribe to get you to do the work... I dunno. So... You'll start to take a break on Monday, I hopefully will start to get back in the swing of things sometime next week. Hopefully.

Gavin. said...

Well, I did once read a job add which explicitly mentioned the view from up high as a tool to get candidates to respond.