15.4.07

And the Oscar goes to ...

I'm going to go on record now and state this: Midian is one of the most brilliant albums ever made.

I bought it three times. It's THAT good!

I wish that more people would have the decency to investigate the areas of heavier music. I find that it has so much to offer in terms of pleasure and enjoyment and lighthearted fun about, in this case, for instance, death by burning in a church, war on god and insane mass murderers that I'm so happy to share this view with as many people as I possibly can.

The album is Midian, the artists are Cradle Of Filth.

Saw them live twice now. They don't half make your ears bleed. (Seriously, bring some method of safe-guarding your ears along to gigs, people. You'll enjoy it more.) At the end of the concert in the HMH a few years ago (I think they were flogging 'Damnation And A Day') Dani screamed so high, long and loud we were sure that the man had pulled a goddamned muscle somewhere. Especially so because after that scream he threw his microphone away and stomped off stage. Lights on, end of gig. All a bit sudden and therefore very weird.

I sort of assumed that he was in pain after all of that ...
Arc Angel, Dark Angel ...
Great times were had by all, therefore!

http://www.cradleoffilth.com/

No comments: